Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday

 I'm still making progress this week, but not quite at the breakneck pace of last week. 

Finished:
Low Volume, Bright Hopes- I really enjoyed this little piece and I think it is a pattern I would like to teach at my LQS. There is a pretty fat quarter bundle in my stash that may become a class sample soon.


The guild raffle quilt is finished (except for the label). Julia and I will be taking it to the beach today for a photo shoot. That should be interesting!


In Progress:
I pulled out the Mod Bento swap quilt from the UFO pile last weekend. My LQS was having a huge sale, so I picked up a few yards of this gorgeous Amy Butler Love print for the back. I pieced the back and pin-basted yesterday. Now I'm trying to decide how to quilt it. I'd love to get it done by this week for the first quarter of the Finish Along.


Fabric box  - made one for a gift, but no time for process photos for the tutorial.


Friendship Star Mini - cut batting, chose backing.

On the near future list:
Swap Soup- quilting (backing already pieced)
Three by Three- fix borders

Time to link up!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

mamaraby said...

Love the Mod Bento swap quilt! I think the backing is a great fit for it.

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

Absolutely love the low-volume bright hopes! I've been trying to figure out how to use my charms! Now I know I need to add some brightness to them. Its wonderful!

Dee said...

Must have tutorial! That basket is awesome! Live your quilts...ESP. The low volume one! Sew much eye candy here!

Sewing Mom said...

Love the backing on your Mod Bento swap quilt.

Anonymous said...

Love how you added the bright pop to the low volume quilt. Such a great idea.

Anonymous said...

wonderful work - I love the low volume backing and then the other one with the bright squares

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

All of your quilts are really pretty this week but the bright square surrounded by low volume is really eye catching~!

Pauline said...

I have 2 great granddaughters. One is 6 months old the other is 6 years. I plan to make them a basket by putting a handle for Easter baskets.